Xiao Naidong (小耐冬) is a male derivative of the UTAU Xiao Shancha.
Xiao Naidong was created some time after Xiao Meiye in 2019. He was mainly created to be Meiye's younger brother as Xiao Shancha is Xiao Meihua's younger sister. Sayo Silver, the voice provider of Shancha, later created her own version of Shancha's male derivative and MinaKi was later the official illustrator.
Migi, the voice provider of Meihua, helped with the naming process. Initially, members and affiliates of JAE VOCAL PROJECT temporarily referred to this new character as "Xiao Chaye" (小茶叶; literally: "Small Tea Leaf"). However, it was changed because of the lack of creativity and elegance. Migi later asked a friend for suggestions, to which they responded that "Xiao Naidong" may be a better and more creative fit.
Later, Migi and Sayo worked together to recreate Naidong's personality. Like Meiye was to Meihua, Naidong was reflective of Shancha's personality and there are only slight differences between the derivative and originator. Naidong made his public debut in August 2020 as a harmony vocal for Novallus Moondancer's DeepVocal demo song. While it used Shancha's DeepVocal voice with adjusted GEN parameters, Naidong could still be "created" in UTAU with configurations.
Naidong is a young man who often keeps to himself around strangers. Whenever he speaks, he tends to say what's on his mind and is described to be very blunt and seemingly cold at first glance. He is also stubborn, often refusing help because he wants to be more independent. Although strangers find him to be serious or difficult to approach, he is very gentle and energetic around people he likes. He enjoys teasing and caring for his peers, especially his older brother. While he is a good listener, there are times where he spaces out to the point that people think he's listening anyways. While he won't always share his problems in person, he tends to make videos of himself ranting on social media, often adding quips and jokes to make them more humorous. He also loves to take selfies of himself and post them online with captions about his daily activities.
But like his counterpart, Naidong does not tolerate people who try to create problems for him, his brother, or his friends. He is not afraid to retaliate verbally or physically if needed to, however, he may scare other people away because of this. This especially startles other people if they only knew of his lively and kinder side, as his colder and calculating behaviors would be regarded as "a complete 180".
He has two familiars. The first is an arctic wolf named Atlas. He is a quiet but loyal companion who is cautious of others around him. The second is a Chinese dwarf hamster named Snowy. She is an adorable companion who is seemingly angry most of the time.
Likes: Cute things, famous idols, face masks, animals, cell phones, naps, Shanghai dumplings
Dislikes: Fake and annoying people, troublesome and annoying issues, interrupted naps
- 小 - Xiǎo; His surname. Means "small" or "little".
- シャオ - The Kana rendition of his surname.
- 耐冬 - Nàidōng; Means "can bloom in winter; bear the cold weather". This references the camellia flower's capability of surviving and blooming in the winter seasons since Xiao Shancha was named after this flower.
- Hair color - Long, deep purple hair that almost looks black or dark brown. His hair is worn in a high pony tail.
- Headgear - His pony tail is held together by blue and green ribbons.
- Eye color - Sea green.
- Outfit - His design was inspired by Wuxia and Xianxia genres of films and TV shows. He wears a dark green top with a lighter green jacket over it. He has long green pants that cut around his calf-area, where the rest of his legs are covered with white socks. His boots are purple with blue stringed laces. The cuffs of his sleeves and the garter on his left leg are blue. The blue stringed bracelet on his right hand is identical to his shoelaces.
- Xiao Shancha - The UTAU Naidong is derived from.
- Xiao Meiye - Older brother. Meiye and Naidong generally get along well, but sometimes tease each other. Meiye is often jealous of Naidong's taller height and becomes irritated with his antics. Though, because of Meiye's smaller stature, Naidong is often protective of him.
|Japanese 1.0||CV||Alto||"Shancha's original Japanese voicebank. A soft and breathy vocal. Developed by Purpled. Reclist by GrayOblivion."||Dropbox|
Baidu Drive (Password: lkl8)
- Input - Romaji encoded and Kana aliased
- System - Microsoft Windows
- Optimum -
- Details - Shancha is an alto with a soft and breathy type of voice. A suitable complimentary vocal to her sister, Xiao Meihua. Using configurations on Shancha voicebanks would allow users to create "Naidong's voice", though no specifics were given.
- None currently for UTAU. It should be noted that Naidong currently only has a DeepVocal example.
- Do not claim JAE VOCAL PROJECT's interpretations of Xiao Naidong or official artwork as your own.
- NSFW content is allowed. This does not apply to MMD models and other works from people who are not from the JAE VOCAL PROJECT group. Please follow the rules of the creators! If their works are not allowed to be used for NSFW content, then do not use them for NSFW content!
- For commercial use of his character, permission is required.
- Shippings and pairings are allowed, but do not force as canon. Do not portray Naidong and Xiao Meihua as a romantic couple as they would still be considered canonical siblings. This also applies to any derivatives based on Meihua's character. Do not ship Naidong with characters under the age of 18.
- Do not use Naidong's character for hate speech.
- Political use is not allowed.
- Unofficial roleplay accounts and ask blogs are forbidden for Naidong.
- Do not claim Shancha's voicebanks as your own.
- NSFW content is allowed, but do not use the voicebank in songs portraying him in a relationship with those under the age of 18 or with Meihua and her derivatives.
- For commercial use of Shancha's voicebanks, permission is required.
- Oto.ini editing is allowed.
- Do not edit Shancha's samples especially to create Naidong. It is encouraged that users should create "his" voice through the adjustment of flags.
- Do not use Shancha's voicebanks for hate speech.
- Political use is not allowed.
- Voicebank redistribution is forbidden for Shancha.
He has an official Mii provided by Migi on the JAE VOCAL PROJECT website.
Naidong officially began receiving merchandise since January 10, 2021.
- Like Shancha, Naidong has no official sexual orientation and can be paired with anyone as long as they are not under 18 or Meihua and her derivatives.
- After it was decided that Xiao Meiye was rather short and that he was insecure about it, Migi kept this in mind for Naidong. After Naidong received a design, it was agreed that he was taller than Meiye and often mistaken as Meiye's older brother.
- Naidong was designed to be more of a "lighthearted" version of Shancha and is regarded to be relatively more "immature" than she is.
- Because of this, it was noted in his biography that people are surprised when he does become angry enough to react violently. Shancha is known to be quieter and more cold, so her reaction was considered to be expected. Naidong is more energetic in public, even if a little quiet at first.
- The name of Naidong's wolf familiar was chosen through a poll on Twitter. Other potential names included Nix, Sao, and Naito.
- Naidong made his visual debut in the "Star Mate" cover and was portrayed to be wearing glasses. He does not wear glasses in canon and only wears them in the PV due to the lyrics mentioning it.
Work in Progress