|i|| This subject is a policy. |
Site maintenance: About templates • Preload templates • Notify templates • Interwiki templates • Create articles • Work in Progress category • Vcolor template• Sandbox user header. More subjects categorized here
The article is a guideline about uploading images to the UTAU Wiki.
(As of June 2019 the UTAU Wiki will no longer accept fanmade characters or derivatives that do not have a functioning (and legally distributed) voicebank. However, privatized voicebanks are acceptable. If such characters are supplementary to an Utau character then please leave that to user spaces such as blogs and userpages.)
- Official media is the preference. See Community to link images on personal spaces _OR ELSE_ title personal images as "USER_" before uploading.
- Licensing is required for all images. Refer to the drop menu or Category:Images.
- Images should receive descriptive names.
- Avoid uploading duplicate images, unless the upload is of better quality than the current image.
- Use the Summary box to link the original source of the image.
What to know
- Anything after that should receive a qualifier, such as File:Character_Name version2.png and so on.
What to upload
You are allowed to upload images released for "fair use":
- Software boxart mocks - as this is released to advertise.
- Promotional artwork - Concept art and full body art or otherwise.
- Demonstration songs - Classified as "Promotional" also.
- Merchandise - requires only one to two images.
- If there are manga works then only 1 page or panel is allowed per page and no more.
- Screenshots of 3D models released by official sources and creators are fine. Otherwise do not upload.
- Non-promotional artwork by other illustrators are acceptable, however, we must draw the line due to copyright and if the image is useful to the wiki or not.
What not to upload
- As of June 2019 linkage to GELBOORU (or any booru) are prohibited on FANDOM.
- Music videos - As stated in the image guidelines; this wiki is not a image or video hosting service.
- The only acceptable embeds are Utau promotional videos and tutorials via UTAU creators or related companies.
- If a company (creator) objects to an image being on the wiki, the wiki will remove it and cannot add it back.
- Grounds for "Fair Use" does not give us the right to upload every image without consequence and this should never be used as an excuse for a particular image to exist on the wiki for the sake of it existing here.
- Barred images include the following:
- Blacklisted or unauthorized character usage; this includes writing (in detail) about them and revealing their physical appearance.