Haiyi (海伊) was a private Chinese character who initially had beta vocals for UTAU prior to her release on Synthesizer V.
For more information about Haiyi as a Synthesizer V vocal, see Synthesizer V Wiki.
On November 13, 2017, the head of Beijing Photek S&T Development Co., Ltd., Ddickky, noted that people seem to think that Xingchen was easy to manage because she was the company’s only VOCALOID. He mentioned that he wanted to try to "have five to take care of" to see how challenging it was to manage more characters and asked fans to "stay tuned". This seemingly hinted that there may be additional characters aside from Xingchen in the future. Later that month, it was mentioned that because Beijing Photek wanted to save money to produce content, some big news would be announced at Quadimension Live Tour rather than at a separate conference. This included new merchandise, new official art, and if there was time, new games or voicebanks. It was not specified if these voicebanks were for Xingchen or for any new characters. Details about the announcement are currently unknown.
On January 5, 2018, a new female character was hinted and introduced as "Xingchen's younger sister".
On February 2, it was reported that the voicebank was finished and that the character design was nearly completed. However, there was not enough time to create new original songs for the character. This lead to Beijing Photek deciding to make self-covers of Xingchen original songs for an easy comparison between the two. On February 9, Xingchen’s Weibo mentioned that she was the "older sister of Haiyi", confirming the name of the new character.
On February 12, Haiyi’s character design was shown and her illustrator was confirmed to be ATDan. Her first demo, "Ripple", revealed that she had four voicebanks produced: Normal, Dark, Power, and Aroma.
At some point during Haiyi's debut, a user conversed with Ddickky via private messaging and asked questions about her. He revealed that Haiyi would be a private character. It was explained that there wasn't enough profit to cover the printing fee for distribution in addition to the desire of avoiding her being cracked or illegally distributed. Only producers who were members of or collaborated with the Quadimension circle were allowed to use her as they were people Ddickky knew well. It was also mentioned that "the next character(s)" were very different to Xingchen and that it "could be said" that they were "making plans for an element of a big plan".
On March 28, 2019, Ddickky posted on weibo that Chiyu, Shian, Cangqiong, two Xingchen voicebanks, and an unknown male voice were moving over to Synthesizer V. Haiyi was ommited from this list, however, it was likely that she was produced for Synthesizer V.
On July 21, it was noted that Haiyi's voice provider was traveling to meet with Ddickky, but the purpose was not elaborated further. On July 22, it was announced that recordings for Haiyi's Synthesizer V voicebank began. This gives the impression that Haiyi's debut voicebank and usages prior to this date did not use the Synthesizer V engine, like Cangqiong. This was later confirmed by Napstina that the beta vocals used UTAU.
Haiyi was later released for Synthesizer V on September 6.
Haiyi is 15 years old and is 155cm tall.
Quadimension distributed a postcard featuring Haiyi with a description written by ATDan on the back. According to ATDan, "Haiyi was born by sea. The waves and marine animals tell the story of the girl who was born of the sea. The Metatron's Cube symbolises the relationship between Haiyi and water, the gem on her necklace is of the same space.
This girl doesn't just look like the sea, her voice is like the water too: gentle and elegant. A sound like water, an appearance like the sea".
For Haiyi's logo, a shape known as the icosahedron is present next to her name and is part of the last three strokes in the "海" character. In the spiritual meaning of Metatron's Cube, the icosahedron represents water, which influenced her design, name, and concept.
In March 2019, Haiyi was revealed to be part of the Medium⁵ cast and was one of the girls who derived from a single being known as ZERO who possessed Metatron's Cube. She was listed as a Cancer sign.
According to the Dreamtonics website, Haiyi is described as chatty and mischievous.
Hǎi (海) means "ocean" or "sea". Yī (伊) may translate to "she" or "her".
Her name is rendered in Kana as "ハイー".
Haiyi’s design follows an ocean theme. Her color scheme consists of light and dark blues, whites, and pinks. She wears a jellyfish on the left side of her head.
ATDan explained that because Haiyi was born by the sea, he designed her with clear blue hair and eyes (mentioning that the sea gave them to her). Her clothing was based on the outfits worn by ice skaters and her shoes signified waves moving around. The jellyfish and the symmetrical tailfin gave an impression of a sea god in ancient times.
- Xingchen - Older sister.
- Cangqiong - Older Sister.
- Shian - Younger Sister.
- Chiyu - Older Sister.
- ZERO - Originator.
|Mandarin 1.0||CVVC||G#2~E6||"Haiyi's beta UTAU had four voicebanks produced: Normal, Dark, Power, and Aroma. These vocals were used to showcase the upcoming character and were only for private use. The voicebanks were produced by Napstina (Haru.jpg) and used Hr.J's reclist."||Private; Retired|
- Input - Unknown
- System - Microsoft Windows
- Optimum - Genre: Unknown Tempo: Unknown
- Details - Haiyi had four voicebanks produced for UTAU as a beta: Normal, Dark, Power, and Aroma. They were never released for public use, meaning only Napstina and other members of Beijing Photek have access to them. Since Haiyi's development and release for Synthesizer V, the UTAU voicebanks were retired and were not used for the new synth.
- Issues - As Haiyi was a private vocal on UTAU, not much is known about the issues of her voicebanks. However, Napstina noted that the voicebanks were lacking some samples (particularly the VC parts).
- "Ripples" by Zeno - features Normal, Dark, Power, and Aroma. Also features VOCALOID Xingchen.
- "Shoal" by Zeno
- Duet version - features VOCALOID Xingchen
- "The Lake of Colorful Clouds" by MeLo - features VOCALOID Xingchen
- "STOP" by Ci Dai Jun
- "When Shooting Stars Sweep Across the Sky" by Ddickky
- "Doll's Dream" by Zeno
- "Poem of Tears" by Zeno
- "Lèyuán -Atlantis-" by Evalia
- "Juvenile Dream" by ONO
- "Night Blooming Cereus" by Zeno
- "START" by Ci Dai Jun
- "Lóng Nǚ" by erazedfx
- "A Jade Wine Bowl of the Great Poet" by MeLo
- "Jiàng Lín" by Ddickky
- "Fēnlièzhèng-a∈A-" by Evalia
- "D!slodge" by Zeno - mainly features UTAU Cangqiong
- "Colorless" by Evalia - features VOCALOID Xingchen and UTAU Cangqiong
- "Star Ocean" album crossfade - features VOCALOID Xingchen
- "Atlantis" album crossfade
- "Fairyland" album crossfade - features VOCALOID Xingchen and UTAU Cangqiong
Throughout her time as an UTAU, Haiyi received various merchandise. This included keychains, phone straps, notebooks, dakimakura, and three original albums: "Star Ocean", "Atlantis", and "Fairyland".
Haiyi was later introduced as one of the members of Medium⁵ and received a Synthesizer V release in September 2019. Since then, her UTAU vocals were no longer used, though it is possible for PVs using these vocals may appear later on. However, it is also likely that they may be replaced with or a succeeding version may be created using the Synthesizer V versions.
- Haiyi was the first of Xingchen's sisters to be revealed but was the last to be released on Synthesizer V.
- Her voice provider, Huazheng Anly, also voiced Boomco. Boomco was an UTAU that was originally submitted as a design entry for the second VOCALOID CHINA contest (which resulted in YANHE's release).
- The Normal, Dark, Power, and Aroma voicebanks were only confirmed to be used in the duet version of "Ripples". All other usages did not explicitly state which voicebank they used.
- Her birthday is July 22.
As an UTAU, Haiyi was well-liked within the Chinese fandom. Her voice was considered to be unique, especially among the female Chinese vocalists (VOCALOID especially) that were released at the time. Her relations to Xingchen also helped with her popularity as the two were marketed together in merchandise and albums.
See Synthesizer V Wiki's Gallery for all images of Haiyi.
- Dreamtonics Line Up