Canary (カナリー) is a voicebank for the UTAU program. He is the third character released from JAE VOCAL PROJECT.
- 1 History
- 2 Concept
- 3 Voice Configuration
- 4 Additional information
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
- 7 External links
During 2014, Mina Moonrise, Migi, TraInspud, and Purpled were working on their own UTAU projects. At the time, Mina was working on an UTAU known as "Bridget", however, this project was later scrapped. He decided to not create an UTAU voicebank at the time and only focused on assisting with other JAE UTAU PROJECT productions and plans.
In early 2018, Mina created a new UTAU character known as "Canary". While there were early artworks of the character, he was not yet considered a member of JAE UTAU PROJECT at the time. This was because Mina was debating whether he should be part of the cast or if he should be an affiliate. He did not officially reveal Canary's status as a JAE UTAU character until December.
Canary's voice type was entirely different to Bridget's due to the inability to recreate the same tone when recording, and had a completely different appearance. All of his demos were created and published within January 2019 and he released on February 2 as JAE-03.
After the release of Canary's Arpasing English voicebank, production for an additional English voicebank began. This voicebank became known as "Arpasing English Vivid Soft". A silhouette of the design was shown in April. The full design was shown on June 1 and was confirmed to be illustrated by pimienta_kast.
A Japanese voicebank for Canary was conceptualized shortly after the Vivid Soft voicebank. A demo and silhouette for this voicebank was revealed in late April. This voicebank was confirmed to be CVVCV and its development was later prioritized over the Vivid Soft voicebank. The illustration was confirmed to be drawn by Crispy6usiness. It was later released on June 21, 2019.
Canary was expected to receive DeepVocal voicebanks along with UTAU. He would be the first in the JAE VOCAL PROJECT to be available for the software. His first DeepVocal voicebank released on August 8, 2019.
Many years ago on a fateful day, Canary randomly arrived on Earth. He spends his days hanging out with robots and his boyfriend who happens to be a zombie.
- Gender: Male
- Age: At least 200
- Height: 173cm
- Weight: Varies
Likes: Food, his boyfriend, singing, animals, plush toys, drawing
Dislikes: Pretentious people
- Canary - A type of songbird and the name of a shade of yellow.
- カナリー - The Kana rendition of his name.
- Hair color - Blond hair tied in a top bun.
- Headgear - An alien organism that looks similar to a hibiscus is located on the left side of his head.
- Eye color - Yellow with a green tint at the bottom.
- Outfit - On Canary's face, he has yellow lip piercings and a heart tattoo under his eye on the left side of his face. He wears a pink sleeveless crop top with a heart cut on the back side. Over the crop top, he wears a yellow cardigan. This cardigan can be solid and opaque or transparent. He wears jeans and basic blue tennis shoes with white laces. He would occasionally wear heart-shaped sunglasses. Overall, he has a feminine appearance.
- Charlie - boyfriend.
- Xiao Meihua - friend.
- Ser0 - friend.
- Xiao Shancha - friend.
- JD - friend.
- kEna - friend.
- Yu Junjie - friend.
|Arpasing English 1.0||CVVC||D3||"Has a sharp type of voice. It is recommended to use his voicebank with moresampler. Developed by Mina Moonrise. Reclist by Kanru Hua."||Dropbox|
Baidu Drive (Password: yupl)
|Japanese 1.0||CVVCV||C3||"Has an energetic voice with a sharp tone. It is recommended to use with Tips, moresampler, and resampler. Developed by peyton. Reclist by Zurui. Released on June 21, 2019."||Dropbox|
Baidu Drive (Password: l4os)
- Input -
- System - Microsoft Windows
- Optimum -
- Details - Canary is designed to be a baritone vocal.
- Arpasing English 1.0 crossfade - YouTube
- CVVCV Japanese 1.0 crossfade - YouTube
- Arpasing English - Vivid Soft Demos:
- Do not claim Canary or official artwork as your own.
- NSFW content is allowed. This does not apply to MMD models and other works from people who are not from the JAE VOCAL PROJECT group. Please follow the rules of the creators! If their works are not allowed to be used for NSFW content, then do not use them for NSFW content!
- For commercial use of his character, permission is required.
- Derivatives must be made with permission.
- Shippings and pairings are allowed, but do not force as canon. Do not ship Canary with characters under the age of 18.
- Do not use Canary's character for hate speech.
- Political use is not allowed.
- Roleplay and ask blogs are allowed if permission from Mina Moonrise is given.
- Must credit JAE VOCAL PROJECT and Mina Moonrise for character rights.
- Must credit the appropriate artists if using official. Do not use art from non-members without their permission.
- Cannot violate existing ToS (no shipping with minors, hate speech, etc).
- For any questions, please contact JAE VOCAL PROJECT or Mina Moonrise.
- Do not claim Canary's voicebanks as your own.
- NSFW content is allowed, but do not use the voicebank in songs portraying him in a relationship with those under the age of 18.
- For commercial use of his voicebank, permission is required.
- Derivatives must be made with permission.
- Oto.ini editing is allowed.
- Do not edit Canary's samples.
- Do not use Canary's voicebanks for hate speech.
- Voicebank redistribution is forbidden.
- Canary is canonically gay.
- Canary's release date, February 2, is treated as his birthday. He shares the same birthday as his voice provider, Mina Moonrise.
- Canary is the oldest of JAE VOCAL PROJECT in terms of character age.
- He was the first of JAE VOCAL PROJECT to be released on DeepVocal.
Work in progress