Bukimi (不気味) is a voicebank for the UTAU program.
An English and Japanese voicebank was released for Bukimi on Feb 29.
After pulling Bukimi out of retirement, Bukimi's voicebanks were once again put up for download earlier in 2019 on Peyton's website.
On Aug 11, a new English voicebank was released.
Development of what is described as a port of Bukimi's English voicebank over from UTAU to DeepVocal began in late February of 2020. It would later go on to be released under the radar as a public beta.
It is unlikely that Bukimi will receive any new UTAU voicebanks, however it is likely that they will receive new DeepVocal voicebanks sometime in the future.
An update to their DeepVocal voicebank has been released as of Jan 22.
They are a Bat.
Bukimi was originally intended to be some sort of weird, distorted, shouty voice that was in no way to be taken seriously, but over time, they slowly became much more than that.
Bukimi's real name is "Christine" and is a bat. Their scarf functions like wings and/or external appendages, and typically follow arm movement by default. They're clumsy and constantly getting hurt, indicated by all the stitches and band-aids. Bukimi has a black eye that will never heal, and only half of their mouth functions because of a really bad injury during their childhood.
Their bowler hat is high-tech and is arguably sentient. Its name is currently unknown.
- 不気味 - Bukimi; Japanese word for "eerie"
- Christine - (first name); common English feminine name
- Quaranstein - (surname); Quarantine + Frankenstein
- Fur color - Sometimes depicted as jet black, however a pastel purple fur pattern is more common
- Eye color - Purple.
- Outfit - Striped scarf, white tank top, and either a skirt or booty shorts.
- Nail colors - Typically painted different shades of purple, but they can be depicted with any color nails.
- Peiton - same voice provider.
|Genre: Cutesy Range: G3-A5 Tempo: 70-140 BPM|
|Input: X-Sampa Encoded/Aliased (English 2.0) Vowels: CVVC System: Microsoft Windows|
|Package details as noted:|
Note that this was rendered with TIPS
Potential official merch isn't out of the question, but it will definitely take awhile for anything of the sort to be ready for sale or production.